When it comes to home weather monitoring, technology has come a long way. Sensors used to measure outside conditions have become more compact and accurate. This makes it easy to access personal weather stations for backyard weather enthusiasts, meteorologists, and much more.
A wide variety of personal weather stations are now readily available. There are many options to choose from including large, rugged weather stations like the KestrelMet 6000 Weather Station. Then there are also Kestrel Weather Meters such as the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter that can act as a mini, portable personal weather station.
Weather monitoring tools make it easy to check the weather without needing to leave your house. If you’re interested in learning more about these devices and what they can do for you, keep reading!
Popular Weather Station Options:
An Overview of the Personal Weather Station
Weather stations measure several elements relating to weather, such as temperature and humidity. They work around the clock to provide weather data that is much more accurate than your phone’s weather app. This is because personal weather stations base their readings on micro-climates, instead of an airport that may be many miles away from you.
In other words, personal weather stations take weather readings from your own backyard.
Personal weather stations such as KestrelMet 6000 will measure the following:
- Wind Speed
- Wind Direction
- Barometric Pressure
- Relative Humidity
- Add-on sensors for soil moisture and soil temperature
- leaf wetness
- solar irradiance
What Can You Do with a KestrelMet Weather Station?
There is a tremendous number of ways that you can use a personal weather station. When it comes to Kestrel Weather Meters, you can:
- Track and monitor weather patterns
- Explore micro-climate weather in your own backyard
- Enjoy on-point accuracy with professional weather grade readings
- Gain access to advanced features and functions such as barometric pressure, leaf wetness and solar irradiance
- Use Kestrel Weather Meter to plan and plant a garden in your backyard
- Kestrel Weather Meters can help you care for large livestock farms or a small chicken coop in your backyard
- Personal weather stations can help you plan for outdoor events and parties
- Join online weather communities such as Weather Underground or Ambient Weather Network where you can track, view, and share weather from your backyard.
Advantages of Having a Personal Weather Station
Why are personal weather stations so popular? There are many reasons why weather enthusiasts choose to invest in personal weather stations, including:
– Convenient – Kestrel weather meters and KestrelMet weather stations provide an extremely convenient way to track and monitor weather conditions. The easy and intuitive setup process makes it quick and convenient to start tracking. With the Kestrel LiNK or KestrelMet app, you can view weather patterns and data from the computer.
– Durable – Kestrel weather meters and KestrelMet weather stations are designed to withstand harsh outdoor conditions. They are rugged and durable, so they can last for many years with proper care and maintenance.
– Accurate – Measuring micro-climate data, you can depend on professional-grade occurrence with Kestrel Weather Meters.
Try KestrelMet 6000 as Your Personal Weather Station
A personal weather station is a perfect fit for anyone who wants accurate weather data in the palm of their hand. Whether you have a job or passion that is influenced by the weather around you, we encourage you to try our KestrelMet 6000 today.